MARRIAGE AND FAMILY COUNSELING IN SCOTTSDALE-PHOENIX, AZ
Something special brought the two of you together, and before you give up on the good memories, the family, the life you once had and want to find again and call it quits call a relationship expert that can help you navigate these difficult and trying times. As a marriage and family counselor based in Scottsdale-Phoenix, Arizona, I help individuals, couples and families facilitate peaceful and productive communication ensuring that each person’s feelings and concerns are heard, understood, and addressed in order to reach your relationship goals.
HOW MARRIAGE AND FAMILY COUNSELING BENEFIT CHILDREN
What parents often don’t realize is how their behavior affects their children. The stress and anxiety that develop from witnessing their parents fight, scream or cry. As small children, they want to protect their parents, and as they get older, their inability to “fix” things makes them shut down, either emotionally or physically. Too often, they become rebellious or turn to drugs and alcohol to cope with stress and guilt. These negative effects are intensified during a divorce if the parents cannot divorce each other without making the children pawns or unwilling participants. Working with a marriage and family counselor can help heal wounds and often prevent divorce, but most importantly, assist families – especially children, understand and make sense of these difficult times to come through the process in a healthy manner with stronger coping skills.
MARRIAGE AND FAMILY COUNSELING IS A PARTNERSHIP
When you work with a marriage and family counselor, you work as a team to help you get through the difficult times while learning new communication skills that will give you the tools you need to achieve the relationship goals you set. Whether it be feeling heard and appreciated, rebuilding the trust, rekindling the romance, getting out of the rut, or helping family members heal from the stress of divorce – marriage and family counseling can help.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM WORKING WITH A MARRIAGE AND FAMILY COUNSELOR
The benefits of working with a marriage and family counselor are that it offers you an opportunity to work with a caring yet unbiased professional that can help you learn appropriate strategies to resolve conflicts such as disciplining children, finances, in-laws, or religion. Other stressors that bring couples to marriage and family counseling are communication difficulties. Regardless of how well you communicate with friends and co-workers, communicating with our partners is different. We expect more from them as we hold them to a different standard. Often repeating ourselves over and over again, hoping they “get it” as we just feel ignored. The concern with not resolving these issues is that it tears the couple and the family apart. Ultimately it affects the level of trust between couples as they feel the increase in emotional distance building, which too often leads to infidelity, either emotionally or physically. Many times the fights and arguments are a way of getting heard or getting even with your spouse. Marriage and family counseling will help the two of you work on the real issues, the underlying events that have brought the two of you to this point.
HOW CAN MARRIAGE AND FAMILY COUNSELING HELP ME?
- Depending on where you are at, marriage and family counseling can help you reconnect, bring back the love, trust, and intimacy you once shared. It can help you build the relationship you long to have and help you understand your needs and your partner’s needs and how to ensure they are both met.
- It can help you navigate those teenage years, helping you establish healthy boundaries for your children for them to be the responsible, happy, successful children you want them to be.
- It can help you feel heard and understood so that the fighting, hurt, and anger can become productive conversations so that even divorce can be handled in an amicable way that does not bring long term scars to the children.
- However, most of all, it offers you an opportunity to share your concerns with an unbiased, neutral professional that can help the two of you bridge the gaps and heal.
HOW WILL I KNOW IF MARRIAGE AND FAMILY COUNSELING IS RIGHT FOR ME?
If you are ready to make a change, if you are tired of feeling alone in the relationship, or frustrated and being the only one working on it, and are dedicated to improving your relationship with your partner, your children, or other family member’s marriage and family counseling is right for you. I welcome you to pick up the phone and call Dina at Family Coaching, LLC to schedule your first session to get you on the path to a healthier and happier relationship.
- For More Info on Pre-marriage Counseling in Arizona CLICK HERE
- Looking for a marriage counselor in Arizona to help you with marriage counseling questions? CLICK HERE